Tuesday, August 4, 2009

2 first days, for reals this time

Yesterday was ACTUALLy Madison's first day of Kindergarten. I am not so sure she believed me this time when I told her she was going to Kindergarten, but she still seemed pretty darn excited. We actually had two firsts yesterday so I will start with the first one.

A good friend of ours, Jeni, has been watching Ethan for the past 7 months and she has been really great. Ethan adores her and her kids and I know he has had tons of fun with her. As many of you know, we just recently moved so we decided it would be much easier for us to start taking the kids to the same school. Madi has been going to Kearns Rec for a year and a half and we absolutely love that place. (Thanks Jared and Barbi for the recommendation!) KRC is much more like a school than a daycare. They do tons of activities, lots of fieldtrips in the summer and the staff is amazing. I thought it would be beneficial for our little bubble boy to get to experience some of that!

So, we headed to KRC yesterday morning. "Ethan, are you excited to go to Kearns Rec?", "Yeah, I am going to Madi's school" (that's what we have called it for so long). Well, we got there, went to his class and said, "Love you, have fun." He looked at me all wide-eyed "Don't leave me, I want to go with you!" Uh-oh! I was so sad, I just wanted to take him home, plus I knew I was about to drop my little girl off for her first day of Kindergarten so I was pretty emotional already! He just kept crying for me to take him with me and it was so sad! But then, I peeked back in just a couple of minutes later and he was already playing, no more tears. Thank goodness, it made it much easier for me to leave then.

Now, off to Kindergarten...yeah, for reals! We got all lined up outside on the blue chalk with her teacher's name and waited. Of course I forgot my camera this time (at least I had it for her fake first day of Kindergarten! Ha ha) but Dylan's brother let us borrow his video camera so at least we have that! She was all smiles and dancing around, as she always is. Then the bell rang and the teacher came out to get the class and she all of a sudden looked a little nervous. She kinda had a look on her face like, "What do I do now?". It was pretty cute though and I was super proud of her as she walked into that school looking back at me with her big smile.

When I picked the kids up we had quite the conversation of their first days. Madison said her teacher is really nice and they listened to music, played outside, wrote the letter A, big and small, made new friends and got her first homework assignment. She was beaming as she told me of all the fun things she did. Ethan told me that he played with Caden (his cousin is in his pre-school class!), and that Caden is his teacher. How cute! I was so anxious all day yesterday wondering how they were doing so after talking to them both last night, I felt a lot more at ease. I am excited for all the new experiences they are both going to have in the future and I am so proud of the awesome kids that they are.

2 comments:

  1. That is so hard dropping your baby off at a new daycare!! I hated that so much. Thankfully he didnt seem to mind after a minute or two. How awesome he had his cuz with him.

    I wish my kids (well, Josh) went to Kindergarten that easy! I am glad she had a great day.

    I am so happy Kearns Rec has worked out for you guys!

    I am also so happy that I decided to check your blog today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are growing up...and they are so stinkin cute. You and Dylan are great parents =)

    ReplyDelete